Pilates is a gentle and effective form of exercise that can be practised by people of all ages and physical capabilities. Mat based Pilates can be described as a body control technique class that focuses on the key postural muscles to help improve strength, flexibility, mobility and body alignment. The participant uses their own body weight to create resistance, and moves in a controlled manner to the tempo of his/her own breathing pattern.
- More efficient respiratory and circulatory systems
- More efficient lymphatic system - less toxins in the body
- Lowered stress levels
- Increased bone density
- A flatter stomach and trimmer waist
- Toned buttocks and thighs
- Toned arms and shoulder area
- Better posture
- Less incidence of back pain
Participants usually report that by the end of the class, they feel that they have worked hard within their own limitations, feel looser and taller, and have achieved a deep level of relaxation.
Please bring a suitable mat and medium sized towel, and wear loose, comfortable clothing.
- Monday 6.15 pm – 7.15 pm
- Monday 7.15 pm – 8.15 pm
- Tuesday 10.00 am – 11:00 am
All classes are held at the Victoria Hall in Hartley Wintney, Hook, just off the A30 in north Hampshire. Postcode: RG27 8RQ